So I came up with this recipe in order to boost my milk supply whilst breastfeeding because eating oats every morning can get boring, really fast but you can have it even if you aren’t or if you’re a guy ( you won’t grow boobs!) So whilst the recipe is loaded with deliciousness it’s also quite loaded in calories! Sometimes, when I’m being bad, I have it with a light spread of Nutella :). Try it out and let me know how yours turns out!
3 cups of plain flour
3 ½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp of salt
half a cup of sugar
1 cup of oats
1 cup of water
1 cup of milk
125ml of sour milk/buttermilk
3 large eggs
1 full spoon of peanut butter
4 ripe small bananas, mashed
1tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl and then add your oats.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, peanut butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, mashed bananas, sour milk/ buttermilk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
5. Gently fold butter mixture into the flour mixture.
6. Grease loaf tin and pour the mixture into medium sized bread tin.
7. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45 min or until golden-brown.
Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn it over onto a cooling rack before serving.